To create a safe environment, these five guidelines are read and honored at every Celebrate Recovery Open Share or Step Study Group. Our leaders will also share additional explanations of these guidelines to help you understand them better.
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings, using I statements to talk about your own actions or thoughts. Limit your sharing to 3 to 5 minutes.
- There is NO cross talk. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another, not fix one another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ centered recovery program.