The Ministry Spotlight in the Concourse highlights a different Brookwood ministry or activity each Sunday. In addition to giving you some background about the ministry on the website, Ministry Spotlight provides you with an opportunity to personally meet and talk with people who are actively involved the ministry being featured this Sunday.
Featured This Week - The Brookwood Cycling Group
May God give you more and more grace and peace
as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.
2 Peter 1-2 (NLT)
||Stop by Ministry Spotlight Sunday, March 26 to meet leaders from the Cycling Group.
cycling ministry guidelines
We help riders learn the rules of the road and focus on safety:
- Helmets always required for all riders.
- Completed Waiver is required.
- Bring with you:
- Gatorade and/or water and nutritional snacks such as banana, protein bar.
- A spare tube, CO2/pump and tools for flats.
- No need to register, just show up.
- Ages 15 and up. Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- 2:30 pm every Sunday (weather permitting).
- Leave from Brookwood South Campus (the parking lot in front of the soccer fields).
- A variety of routes between 25–30 miles.
- Learn how to train, recover, ride in a pack and implement tips for a better cycling experience.
If any cyclist makes contact with a motorized vehicle and falls, the ride will be stopped and the police will be contacted immediately, regardless of injury.
Team 101 Beginner/Strengthening Specifics:
- Have a bike.
- Have a very basic understanding of cycling.
- Be physically able to ride.
- Arrive with a happy heart and be open to learning all that will be shared.
- A Team Brookwood cyclist will work with Team 101 participants to train and instill a love for cycling.
Team Brookwood Advanced Specifics:
- Maintain at least a 15 mph pace on level roads.
- Ride at least 25 miles.
- Climb moderate hills. (Option to ride with Team 101 to build up strength.)
For more information about Brookwood Cycling or if you would like to lead group rides, visit Ministry Spotlight, Sunday March 26, or click to email us. You can also become a Facebook Fan of Brookwood Cycling to get information on upcoming rides.