Bible Story: What is peace? • Luke • Mary and Martha
Bottom Line: When we choose to follow Jesus, He gives us peace that never leaves us.
Verse Hand Motions: I am leaving you with a gift (cupped hands out in front of you) peace of mind (point both index fingers to temples) and heart. And the peace I give is a gift (hands over your heart) the world cannot give. (wag right index finger in front of you¬) So don’t be troubled or afraid. (Make ‘X’ arms in front of yourself) John (open bible hands) 14 (closed hands) 27 (open hands)
Talk It Over Questions:
- What gift does Jesus leave us with? (Peace for your mind and your heart)
- What do you think peace feels like?
- Who gets Jesus’ gift of peace? (Everyone who chooses to trust in and follow Jesus)
- What good things do you think Jesus’ gift of peace does? (Ideas: heal broken things like your heart and your friendship with God, help your mind and heart be strong and healthy, etc.)
- What are some things that might keep you from feeling Jesus’ gift of peace? (Ideas: being too busy, jealousy, worrying, not forgiving others, hard times, getting made fun of, etc.)