BIBLE STORY: Basket Case (Moses Is Born) • Exodus 2:1-10 (Supporting: Exodus 1)
BOTTOM LINE: You can do what you should, even when you don’t know what will happen next.
MEMORY VERSE: Be strong and brave. Do not be afraid. Do not lose hope. I am the LORD your God. I
will be with you everywhere you go. Joshua 1:9b (NIrV)
LIFE APP: Courage—Being brave enough to do what you should do, even when you’re afraid
BASIC TRUTH: I can trust God no matter what.
TALK IT OVER QUESTIONS:
- Why did the baby’s mother put him in a basket? She was protecting him from the Pharaoh’s new
law to throw every Hebrew boy in the river.
- Who saved the baby from the river? Pharaoh’s daughter
- What did Pharaoh’s daughter name the baby? Moses
- How did God take care of Moses’ mother? Moses’ mother trusted God to protect her baby, so God
let her take care of him for Pharaoh’s daughter.
- How can you trust God today?