BIBLE STORY: New Attitude (The Story of the Workers in the Vineyard) • Matthew 20:1-15
BOTTOM LINE: Adjust your attitude.
MEMORY VERSE: Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Psalm 136:1 (NIrV)
LIFE APP: Gratitude—Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you
BASIC TRUTH: I need to make the wise choice.
TALK IT OVER QUESTIONS:
- Our story today is from the book of Matthew. True or False? (True)
- The landowner was a generous man. True or False? (True)
- All of the workers received the payment they were promised. True or False? (True)
- Everyone was happy with the payment they received for a day’s work. True or False? (False: The workers hired first thought they should make the most money even though they received what they were promised.)
- Some of the workers, when they were paid, needed to stop and adjust their attitude. True or False? (True. Follow up with: What workers needed an “attitude adjustment?”)