GriefShare is a 13-week support group for those who are experiencing the loss of a loved one due to death. Each session will use a combination of videos, workbooks and group discussions to offer hope and comfort and provide community to one another
- Cost is $20 (includes workbook).
- Childcare is not available.
EACH SESSION HAS THREE DISTINCT ELEMENTS:
Video seminar with experts
Each week your GriefShare group will watch a video seminar featuring top experts on grief and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies, dramatic reenactments, and on-location video.
- Is this Normal?
- Challenges of Grief.
- The Journey of Grief.
- Grief and Your Relationships.
- Guilt and Anger.
- Complicating Factors.
- How to Prevent Getting Stuck in Grief.
- Lessons of Grief.
- Heaven and the Afterlife.
- What Do I Live for Now?
Small Group Discussion
After viewing the video, you and the other group members will spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in your lives.
Personal Study and Reflection
During the week you will have the opportunity to use your workbook for further personal study of the grieving process and to help sort out your emotions through journaling. Your group will spend time discussing questions and comments from the workbook study.
We’ll be practicing social distancing and are requesting attendees over age 2 to wear a mask while requiring masks for staff and volunteers.
- For more information about our COVID-19 onsite precautions, visit brookwoodchurch.org/backtochurch.
- If you should test positive for COVID-19 after attending an onsite service or event at Brookwood, please contact the church promptly at 864.688.8200.
Registration is open through Thursday, October 8.