Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.
Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
Ephesians 4:2-3 (NLT)
We practice the belief that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). Choosing marriage is an important step, and we want you enjoy a strong, lasting foundation.
When a believing husband and wife invite God's principles of marriage into their relationship, a healthy marriage results. We want to guide and support you through your engagement and marriage, so that you can experience love, support, and peace in your marriage resulting from an intimate relationship with God.
Make no mistake, marriage requires work, but it can be extremely meaningful. No matter how long you have been dating, you will run into problems. If you are engaged and have set a date for your wedding, we would like to help prepare you to lead a successful marriage. Follow the steps below to get started.
Premarital Mentoring Steps
- Register for Premarital Mentoring.
- Purchase the following books at the Brookwood Bookstore or at a Christian Bookstore
- For first time marriages where neither person has been married before, you'll need the book Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott and the men's and women's workbooks.
- For couples where one or both people have been previously married, you'll need the book Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott and the men's and women's workbooks.
- Once you register for Premarital Mentoring, You'll receive an email with instructions to take the online survey.
- After you both have completed the survey, you'll receive a phone call to schedule your first meeting with the Counseling and Marriage Pastor to discuss the Premarital Mentoring process.
- If you desire your wedding and/or reception to be held at Brookwood or have a Brookwood Pastor perform your wedding ceremony, you'll be asked to agree and abide by the Brookwood Premarital Covenant.
- You'll be assigned a mentoring couple to meet with six to eight times in the next couple of months.
We'll try to work with your schedule, but please understand, if you contact us less than 90 days prior to your wedding, we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Brookwood members and attendees who would like to be married by a Brookwood Pastor or have their ceremony and/or reception at Brookwood must first go through Premarital Mentoring. Wedding packages are available for onsite ceremonies. Prices vary per venue.
Please contact Care Ministries by email or call 864.688.8355
For a marriage to maintain its value, it needs undivided attention away from the busy-ness of life. Newlyweds, happily-married, and disgruntled couples can all benefit from the Marriage Enrichment classes, seminars, and workshops given here at Brookwood.
For more information or to register for these Marriage Enrichment offerings, visit brookwoodchurch.org/events.
The Marriage Ministry provides Christ-based counseling to married couples in all stages of marriage. Marriage Counselor Couples have completed training that equips them to serve God through this ministry.
Through Marriage Counseling you will receive:
- A detailed assessment of your relationship dynamics
- Tailor-made assignments to strengthen your relationship
- Weekly meetings with a volunteer couple trained in marriage counseling
For more information or to request a counseling appointment, please contact Care Ministries by email or call 864.688.8355
These resources are available online and in the Brookwood Bookstore: